I have been supporting parents with young children with Parenting and Life Coaching for over 30 years.
Toddlers and preschoolers are delightful and remarkable.
In a few short years they develop mobility, language, creativity and imagination, their curiosity blossoms, their physical skills accelerate and they become delightful companions!
But toddlers and preschoolers can also challenge us to the core.
For many parents, raising a toddler or preschooler is a difficult and confusing time that can undermine your sense of yourself as a competent parent.
Do you need support in dealing with your toddler or preschooler?
Are you confused by your toddler or preschooler’s behaviour?
Do you find yourself reacting to their “misbehaviour” in ways you don’t feel good about?
Is your toddler or preschooler’s negativity making you feel powerless and inadequate?
Do you find yourself getting angry and frustrated by their “irrational behaviour?
Do you find yourself getting into power struggles with this little being that you love so much?
Are you confused by all the conflicting advice and information you are hearing or reading by “experts” or family and friends?
When I work with you as a parent coach, we will explore all aspects of toddler and/or preschooler development and behavior.
I will help you find ways to support your child’s development in a positive, connected, and loving way.
You will learn about normal child development, learn parenting and “discipline” approaches that result in all around healthy, secure, confident and competent people.
Together we can explore all, or some, of the following:
How are you doing right now?
What are your long and short term goals as a parent?
How were you parented?
What are you reading or hearing from others (friends, family, books, mommy blogs, websites) that are confusing you?
What do you want to learn about normal toddler and preschooler development and behaviour?
What aspects of your toddler of preschooler’s behaviour do you find most challenging?
Are you familiar with different parenting approaches and techniques?
Are you familiar with the research on attachment and its role in children’s all around healthy development?
Do you want to learn about supporting all areas of your child’s learning and development? (I have a Master’s Degree in Early childhood Education)
By exploring these areas together my goal is to have you develop a sense of your own capacity and competence as a parent.
I want you to feel good about yourself , know what you think and feel in your heart, and develop the confidence to parent in a way that supports and optimizes the well-being of you, your children and your family.
And I want you to have fun and laugh, and experience the true joy, silliness, and wonder of being a parent
Just as I have helped thousands of parents over the years, I will help you to connect with, and truly trust, your own inner wisdom, and the deep knowledge of your child that only you have.
When you coach with me you will:
- Have a safe place to talk about all your feelings – positive and negative
- Explore some of your current and possibly “inherited” beliefs about parenting.
- Explore and define your long term parenting goals
- Learn more about the developmental characteristics and “normal” behaviours of young children
- Deepen your understanding of your child’s unique temperament and what it means for your parenting.
- Learn how to prevent discipline problems and how to handle them when they arise.
- Acquire parenting approaches and skills that foster positive self-esteem, competence, confidence, conscience, compassion and resilience in your child.
- Develop an understanding of the continuing importance of attachment through all the years of parenting
- Learn to evaluate what you are hearing from others and how it relates to your child’s unique self
- Gain confidence and enhance your self-esteem.
The number of sessions we have depends on your needs. You may want a one-time “parenting pick-me-up” or ongoing support over a period of time.
I look forward to getting to know you and your baby and supporting you in your new mothering journey.
Please feel free to contact me if you have questions about coaching with me.
Ready for a coaching session? Click here for rates and to book a session with me.